Many thanks to Ray Turner, who has nominated me for something called the Liebster Award. Do check his blogs, if you haven’t already. http://tgrworzels.blogspot.co.uk/ or http://tgrworzel.wordpress.com/ and he has many more. He writes about so many different things that I can only say he is a very interesting guy to follow.
The Liebster Award is a virtual award for starting bloggers to get to know the person behind the blog and build communities. So I am all for this positive initiative.
I do feel honoured in a way too. Out of countless blogs Ray choose me to be one of the bloggers to get the award. And that feels special. Thanks again Ray.
The official rules of the Liebster Award, well the ones that I’m following, are;
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. list these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
Ray’s eleven questions and my answers are;
1.What was the worst invention of the 20th Century..?
• Crocs and Uggs , such terrible looking shoes.
2.What was the best invention of the 20th Century..?
3.Has the world become better overall, during your lifetime, or worse…? (n.b. I mean generally, not because of anything you’ve done)
• Depends on with what timeframe you compare it. I think it became better compared with lets say 40 years ago. But if it is better now than 10 years ago, I am not so sure about that.
4.Why did you start blogging..?
• I started writing when I got depressed in 2010. And at the beginning of this year some people told me to do something with all that writing and get it all out in the open. At first I was a bit restrained about doing this. But the reactions to my first columns I published were so nice that I decided to start my own blog too. And I am still glad I did.
5.Why did you choose the blogging platform that you currently use…?
• I googled first about what other people thought was the best platform to blog with. And wordpress came out as the ‘winner’. To me wordpress has the best looking themes to choose from, what I was looking for. A lot of other platforms looked a bit childish to me or I had to pay for a better looking theme.
6.What do you think of the Liebster award, and all of the other awards of this nature..?
• I am not so familiar with all the awards. But the idea that someone thought about me as a winner made me feel good. But basicaly I am writing because I like writing and if I can help others with my writing or entertain/amuse people with my writing, I already achieved my starting point. All the rest is an extra and very welcome.
7.Do you think the UK should leave the European Union, or stick with it warts and all…?
• This is a difficult one. The Netherlands were already in the EU before the UK joined. So I was happy that the UK finally joined the EU as a serious ‘companion’. I feel better with the UK in the EU. But……. am I in favour of the EU? Yes in general I am in favour of the EU, because I think you never can have enough ‘friends’ if needed. But I do think the EU has too much to say about internal affairs. We need to follow the EU rules too much. Not allowed to be individuals as a country anymore. So should the UK leave the EU? NO. Don’t leave me !!!!!
8.Was this goal from the 1976 FA Cup final offside…?
• I don’t know and I don’t care. Ha ha ha ha. But you can’t see it on that video you gave me. When the player kicks the ball you can’t see if the receiver is behind or in front of his opponents so……. It looks like he is offside but the camera is not on the same line as the receiver. I think we have to believe the linesman, if he was in place.
9.Do you think that any of the thousands of UFO’s that are reported every year are of extra-terrestrial origins..?
• No I don’t think so. But I might be wrong too. I never saw a UFO or an alien so…… Seeing is believing maybe.
10.If we accept Climate Change is happening, does it necessarily follow that it is a problem..?
• If you believe it is a Climate Change than I guess it is a problem. I don’t think it is a Climate Change. I think it is a cycle in which the earth knows exactly what it is doing. The earth needs water to make ice again, something like that.
11.What was on the other side of the road, that attracted the Chicken to cross…?
• A good looking rooster.
Eleven random facts about myself are;
• I don’t like tomatoes.
• I love my two German Shephards.
• I hate it when people are fake or dishonest.
• I love different kinds of music. This varies from Norah Jones to Grace Jones to Nickelback to Slipknot.
• I have one older sister and one younger brother.
• I like nuts but hate the smell of peanut butter.
• I am a bridgeoperator and have my papers to be a kaptain on inland vessels.
• I am a thinker.
• I don’t like shopping. I only shop if I have to.
• I love fish. I like to eat fish. But I also love to go to sea/freshwater aquariums.
• I am Dutch.
Next thing I need to do now is nominate 5 to 11 other blogs for this liebster award.
Because I am Dutch and see my Dutch and English blog as one blog, I am going to put this post and the Liebster Award on my Dutch blog too and I will nominate Dutch blogs for this same reason.
The nominees are in random order;
– Darwin on the rocks – http://beautifuliceland.wordpress.com/
– Paul Thomas Bell – http://paulthomasbell.com
– Happy Lioness – http://www.happylioness.nl/
– Mijn kladblog – http://mijnkladblog.nl/
– Sandra leest en schrijft- http://sandraschrijftenleest.wordpress.com/
Even if these Bloggers don’t perpetuate the Liebster nomination process, I’m sure they will appreciate you following them too…
So the 11 questions I give you the opportunity to answer please, if you want to, are;
1. What would you do if you could live as the oposite sex for one day?
2. What country would you like to live in if you can’t live in your own country anymore?
3. If you knew this was your last day on earth, what would you do in this last day?
4. What season do you like most and why?
5. I recently started playing World Of Warcraft, is there a game you are playing?
6. Where are the scissors when you need them?
7. Where is the other sock?
8. What job would you like to do and are you doing it?
9. If you could write a book, what would it be about?
10. What is the secret of your relationship with your partner if you have one?
11. What would you change in your life if you could choose one thing to change?
OK. I think I am done. This was more work than I thought it would be but I liked doing it.